Sunday, September 25, 2005

My mom said to me one day as she was about to whip me,"This hurts me more than it hurts you"

One day I wise cracked "Sure it does." Of course that didn't make the whippin any lighter and in fact it just enraged her. But today I am grateful for the whippins and believe it or not I really don't remember them.

Related to this and to all the driving and cracking the whip, and urging, cajoling, and pleading that I do with people to press on to newer and greater heights. I want you to know that it hurts me more than it hurts you.

But the rewards are worth it as I see improvement and positive change which leads to the next entry in my site. Not that I am not glad for the lessons that are portrayed but that someone else recognized the patern of righteousness and can tell others.