Thursday, February 19, 2004

I SHOT ME A POSSUM TODAY,

It all started at 5am. I was laying in bed barely awake and trying to go back to sleep. My wife Karen was up making coffee and taking the dog out for her morning walk when all of a sudden their arose such a clatter.... uh .... The dog went crazy and then my wife went crazy. And I was thinking - oh great wake up the neighborhood. Then my wife came in and says, "Ron, there's a possum in the garbage can". I said oh goody I get to pull the trigger at 5 o'clock in the morning(neighbors ya know). So I grabbed my 12 gage and slid out the door and what to my wondering eyes....uh....A possum sitting on my garbage hissing at me, with its beady eyes , pointy mouth and the purtiest pink toung you ever did see. I took aim and said; I sure hate to hole up my garbage can.

BAM!!!

I didn't want to look.... So I didn't- thought I'd have my coffee first before I cleaned up the mess.OOOOOOeeeee my ears were ringin.

Well; after coffee I went out to admire my handy work. I was suprised, not too bad, the buck shot went in through just below the neck and out the other side and I didn't put one bee-bee through the garbage can. Possum didn' feel a thing.
Well I put on some gloves and picked up the thing by it's giant rat looking tail and deposited it in the dumpster.
When I got back in the house I unloaded my shotgun and doggone wouldn't you know it I had the rounds in backwards. I thought I used the cheaper #6 1/2 shot instead I used the no. 4. !@#%$. I like to keep the no. 4 buck for people. Well any way I thought it was a pretty good shot and all from 4 Ft..

Well it turns out I scared the snot out of the neighbors. But they were glad when they heard I got a possum on account of it was eatin their chickens.

Boy life is sure Full of adventure. Why I just don't know if I can stand it.


No comments: