Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Rosa Parks

One day I got a call for air conditioning to a Parks house. Yup you guessed it. No nononono-She was a cousin of Rosa Parks.

What a blessed lady she was you could see the glow of the Holy Spirit, well I could anyhow.

Never the less after I finished repairing her A\C and was kneeling next to her writing up her bill she told me that she was related. I listened (as she told me a story or two about her and Rosa's life. The story of her sitting on the bus and all. I asked because I really didn't know all that much about it. I know one thing, this white boy is glad Mrs. Parks did that. She not only helped her race she helped all of us live for a little while longer under a more free nation.

She is a shining example and reminder to us all that freedom isn't free but the rewards are worth the sacrifice and effort.